If there is a date under DATE SENT in your VIEW REPONSES area, then the emails were successfully sent out from Sendo to the recipients mail server.
There are several issues that can happen once the email is sent from Sendo, including:
- The email is incorrect. If that is the case, you should receive a 'bounced-back' email message to your email.
- There is a problem with the recipients email server and your emails are not being delivered properly.
- There is a SPAM-filtering software on the recipients email server or in their email software program that may filter-out the email. Tell the recipient to make an adjustment to their SPAM-filter to accept emails from you and email@example.com, and have them search through the filtered emails for your event.
- For Yahoo make sure the invite was not moved into the BULK folder. If it was, click the NOT SPAM button to notify Yahoo that this is not spam.
- For AOL, check MAIL & SPAM CONTROLS and make sure ALLOW MAIL FROM ALL SENDERS is selected or select the USE A CUSTOM SENDER LIST option - choose the option ALLOW ONLY THE SENDERS AND DOMAINS LISTED BELOW and add 'sendomatic.com' to the list.
- The recipient overlooked the email as junk and deleted it. Although the email is from your email address, the recipient may not recognize it or look at the subject line and dismiss it. There is the option to provide any email SUBJECT LINE and MAIN MESSAGE to help avoid this.
- The recipient actually received it, though never viewed or responded and is looking for an excuse of why they didn't (seriously, this may be one of the most common "not received" problems).
- If a recipient's ISP has blocked the email. Please ask your recipient to contact their ISP and ask that they white list sendomatic.com.
- Ask your recipients to add your FROM address their address book.
- Avoid doing the following in the content of your email: do not repeat words, do not use all caps, do not use !, $, or 100%, do not use the word "congratulations" or "special invitation", do not use excessive punctuation. Read more Subject Line Writing Tips here.
We suggest you resend your event to recipients who have not viewed or responded to your event using the SEND A NOTE feature in the VIEW RESPONSES area. The Send a Note feature sends the email in a different format combating spam filters. Many factors are involved whether your recipients' SPAM filter siphons the email - the content of the email, who it is sent from, whether it is an html email, keywords within the email content, etc. We offer several ways to send out your email to combat some of these filters. Sometimes you may have to try different sending options. Please follow these steps:
- Go to MY ACCOUNT.
- Click on VIEW RESPONSES.
- Check the boxes next to the emails that you would like to resend the event to and click SEND A NOTE
- Add any note you like and click SEND.
- Select PLAIN TEXT in the look drop down menu for optimum delivery.
- Wait for the confirmation and for the VIEW RESPONSES page to reload.
The system keeps you from sending duplicates. So it won't let you Add Recipients that are already in the View Responses area. Use Add Recipients to send to new recipients and use Send a Note to send to existing recipients.
If you have any #'s under Waiting to be Sent, please see: What is "RECIPIENT CREDITS" and "WAITING TO BE SENT"?
If you find that your event is not getting through to a certain domain. For example "yahoo.com", please notify us immediately to report the issue so that we can investigate.